Weld Draglites and M&H Drag Radials installed

dbreese

Well with the help of a friend I was able to install my new Weld 15x8's with M&H Drag Radials (275/60R/15) on Wed. I'm recovering from knee surgery so my mobilty is not great ( Start rehab next week... OUCH). I ended up goig with 5.5 bs and the tires fit real nice up in the well.

Had help from my Sis today and we installed a set of Lakewood 90/10 shocks. Wow...!!! the frontend really jumps up quick when ya wack the throttle. I drove around town found some rr tracks made some quick stops and even drove some rough streets. Went out and got up to cruising speed 65 and 70 and the car felt fine. I'm going to install the qa1 adjustables on the rear next week and try and get the suspension set up. The new converter really hits the tires hard and my 60' suffered at the last T&T. 1.74 1.73 range and the tires were spinning from launch and hazing in second gear for about 100 ft.

Heck that is half the fun of racing is tuning and when ya get it right.... it feels good!!!

David

• 2 weeks later...

i run the mickey thompson drag radials, on the street at 32 psi, on the track i only run 12 psi,also, you have to get them hot. i go up to 3500 rpm in 1 st, then 3500 in 2 nd, then 3500 in 3 rd and stay there till they smoke, you must get them good and hot for them to hook. my best 60 foot is 1.64.

Hey MadMonte,

I spoke with John at M&H and he said to set the pressure at 17 psi and during the burnout procedure get the tires spinning and when the smoke turns from a light haze to a heavy smoke let off the linelock and roll out and go right to the line and stage. I would love to get my 60's into the 1.6's range. I have a feeling with with the qa1 single adjustables shocks on the rear and the air bag that I might be chasing my tail until I get it figured out. I'm thinking that the 90/10's up front will help get the weight back and help keep the rear tires planted. We'll see. Dang I need to get to a T&T but TS Fay is gonna wash it out.

David

Hey MadMonte,

I spoke with John at M&H and he said to set the pressure at 17 psi and during the burnout procedure get the tires spinning and when the smoke turns from a light haze to a heavy smoke let off the linelock and roll out and go right to the line and stage. I would love to get my 60's into the 1.6's range. I have a feeling with with the qa1 single adjustables shocks on the rear and the air bag that I might be chasing my tail until I get it figured out. I'm thinking that the 90/10's up front will help get the weight back and help keep the rear tires planted. We'll see. Dang I need to get to a T&T but TS Fay is gonna wash it out.

David

C'mon David get her to the track already!!!!!

I'm trying Scott!! laugh Between knee surgery, rehab, weather and trying to get my car prepped for Drag Week my first T&T may be Mon Sept 8th in Bowling Green, KY. This is tech/ TT day. The racing doesn't offically start till Tues.

David