TH350 odd behavior...is this the end?

Well noticed the other day darn transmission pan was leakin for the 2nd time, and apparently it was affecting the tranny and making it function oddly. I checked fluid and it was low so i figured add a quart or two since it was just barely reading and see what happens, then fix the leak soon as possible. Well for about a day it seemed the problem was fixed now that i had assumed the tranny fluid was full. Today however this problem arose again and i figured well somehow it must be low again. i checked it and sure enough it reads full. What happens is while speeding up and while coasting at a constant speed the tranny will seemingly disengage as if going into neutral and then back into drive randomly, without touching the shifter. When i accelerate sometimes you can hear the engine rev up just a little and then it catches almost like a manual which it is Definately Not. Now ive checked the fluid again, it is fine , but this problem still continues. Should i start diggin a grave for this thing? cause somehow i think its seeing its last days.

It sounds like a bad shift modulator. Assuming the fluid is good to go, that will also cause that. Before shelling out the money for a whole trans, try that. Just my .02

Jim

it's the end.

That's EXACTLY what mine did when the front pump failed. It's going to get worse, and eventually it just won't go at all.

my front pump failed, and I had no choice but it drive it home... burned out 3rd gear... then 2nd.. then 1st on the way home till finally there was noothing.. not even reverse.