Trans Will Not Engage In Any Gear??

FamilyMan

Hello, i have a 402 big block with a turbo 400 trans and the trans will not engage. I just finished installing a rebuilt tilt column and do not know if the neutral safety switch can be causing this, it starts in park only not neutral, the shift linkage IS connected to the column? I also removed the TCS system from my car since it was missing most of the parts, in doing this i removed the TCS relay/solonoid that is attached to the wire harness gutter on the firewall, could this be the problem? The trans was working normally before i did this work, so i'm wondering what the problem is, could i have the neutral safety wires connnected wrong? Any help would be appreciated.....

• 1 month later...

I don't understand your question.. are you worried about it not starting? or do you mean it won't "shift" into drive or reverse?

if it won't go into gear, check the fluid level. if the fluid is ok, BLOCK THE WHEELS!!!

crawl underneath, and WITHOUT the engine running, have someone shift it thru the range, and make sure your shift linkage isn't sliping and the lever on the side of the trans moves correctly. One click for every gear. Drive is the 3rd click in :>