Need help logging in..

Jim Jackson

Jim,

It sounds like at one time you had a password that you had told your device to save but it is different than the one you are trying to use now.  That is the only thing I think could be causing this.  A good while back I found a process that may resolve your issue.  This is an older write up that I did and it may be different on your device.  Give it a try or google how to clear saved passwords on your device.  Below is the write up I did several years ago:

Regarding your issue about regarding your password issues.  I am not sure if you are using as a laptop/desktop or if it is an apple or other device.  

In most cases your issue is caused by your device retaining old passwords.  On my laptop, which I am using google "Chrome" and I think many are the same, this is how I would eliminate these stored passwords on mine.  If this does not work you could google to find out how to eliminate stored passwords.  If you do not cancel the password stored on your computer, prior to changing your password for the site, your computer will still try to use that old password

Once you open your search engine, if using Chrome:

1. in the upper right-hand corner, you would see three (3) stacked/vertical dots.  You would click on those three dots which will bring up a dropdown menu and in the menu you would select "Settings"  
  2. When you do that you will get a menu like the one in the attached document labeled "Settings 1.pdf"  In that menu you would find the line marked "Passwords" and to the right of "Passwords you will see an arrow.  Click on that arrow to the right of "Passwords"
  3. this will bring up a screen like in the attached document marked Settings-Passwords 2.    Scroll down those files till you find all of them that have to do with the First Gen Monte Carlo Club such as fgmcc.com or firstgenmc.com, firstgenerationmontecarlo.com etc.  Once you find those you will do the following for each and every one of First Gen sites and you will again see three stacked/vertical dots.  Click on these 3 stacked dots.
  4. When you click on those dots you will see a small box as pictured in the above attachment labeled Settings-Passwords-Delete.  In that small box you will see the following selections "Copy Password", "Details" and "Remove"  Click on the selection for "Remove" 
  5. Repeat this for each of the FGMCC items.

Once you have done that go to the club website and go to the Forums.  From there you will want to sign in using your normal screen name for the website.  I have assigned you a new temporary password This new temporary password is 1971monte    Your screen name and password are both case sensitive so the password I assigned you will be exactly as I showed it with no spaces and no capital letters.  Your screen name on the site is Slovenian with the “C” as a capital letter, one space between your first and last name and the ”s” in your last name being a lower case letter.  If when you sign in it asks you if you would like your device to save this password reply NO.

Once you have signed in you can replace the temporary password, I gave you with one of your own choice and again when you do that tell your computer you don't want it to save your password if it asks. 

I hope this helps you.  

rob

• Like 1