Oil pan and more

Thought I had a rear main seal leak. I didn’t see any oil tracking coming from the rear main bearing. I have a couple pictures looks more like oil pan leak at the front. I’m not going to attempt the rear main seal now I could make it worse. Of course it evolved into more. Had to replace motor mounts and get new bolts for the mount to engine bolts since they were corroded. The frame mount bolts after checking were all loose. Took the mounts off got new bolts. Used flange head bolts since on the inside of the frame is rough look like somebody attacked them with an impact. Those bolts are fairly easy to get at if you have a 9/16 universal socket not a universal and a socket but a swivel socket. Also, thought I’d check out the starter fairly dirty on the inside solenoid shift lever was worn. Found one on eBay an NOS shift lever solve that problem. Had to fight a little bit to get the motor mount through bolts to line up. I don’t know if others had this problem, probably due to both mounts being new, but a couple lineup bars took care of that. The Fel-Pro one piece gasket sure seems to be the ticket went in very easily. Also I did measure the opening at the front to make sure I did get the proper seal, and it required the thin seal. Now pull the transmission and change the shifter shaft seals. Correct me if I’m wrong but the reverse shifter shaft in the tail stock appears to have a pin that is driven out to remove that pretty straightforward should be reusable, correct?

John S

IMG_0126.jpeg

IMG_0148.jpeg

IMG_0149.jpeg

IMG_0160.jpeg

IMG_0166.jpeg

• Like 5