Vista Q

kc8oye

I have a program that puts files in a directory called

C:\users\(username)\AppData\Roaming\mirc\sounds\

Vista appears to be hiding that AppData\roaming folder from me... how do I get Vista to let me in there so I can access my files?

n/m i got it... well, I found *A* solution.

I hit Windows + R

and then specified c:\users\username\appdata\

and then in the directory tree, I right clicked, and un-checked the 'hidden' attribute.

I hear you Allan, why do they have to rename / move everything with ever release, what was wrong with right click on the desktop and choose properties, no it is right click, Personalize frown and other management stuff was 1 or 2 clicks away, now it is 2 or 3 steps away. I have had Vista on 2 PC's for the last 6 months and have come to terms with it. I also like 2008... Add putty for the best telnet client smile I run it off a usb stick.

Putty also plays nice for domains running Cisco Works and Cisco ACS apps.. just me 2 cents.

As far as Vista? I have Ultimate on my laptop; at best I am noncommittal at worst it sits next to my XP box and makes an extremely good paperweight, (those dell 17 inch XPS boxes are HEAVY.) We're bracing for shock over here, the USAF is rolling Vista Business out soon. *sigh*

That is not cool at all Greg.

Snap-on has decided to pass Vista right by, but I don't see 7 as a much better option.

Tim, that is what I was eluding to. I know there are ways to get software for less than retail, but when you are talking about use in a multi-billion dollar corporation, they would much rather pay $100 per seat than $1,000,000.00 in fines for not paying it. I just don't understand why. lol

Mmm....Nope but like any governmental entity they go with what people sell them, I really sometimes shake my head at some of the stuff they buy off on.