TH350

ejw71

Was told that TH350/400s can be rebuilt in home garage. If you have experience doing engines then TH350/400s can be done and only requires simple hand tools. Any advice as I attempt my first TH350 rebuild? Thanks, Ed

Number one tip: buy the Turbo Hydra-matic 350 book by Ron Sessions, put out by HPBooks and study it like a Bible. You'll understand the theory and it gives step by step teardown procedures for that particular tranny.

Book does not cover the TH400, but it would get you a lot closer in the right direction than a general transmission manual.

Will

Thanks Will. Have that book. Have read it and will do again. Is the main difficulty in hobby mechanics from doing GM overdrives, 700R4/2004R, is the lack of the special tools required? Ed

ejw71, it is good to see that someone is on the same page as me. Have the book and with the 355 engine in the works, felt like there is no reason I cant do the tranny as well. Have some friends that have some experience as well so I guess that helps. I bought the Hughes Performance rebuild kit based on "word of mouth" quality over the B&M rebuild kit. I won't be starting the rebuild til probably mid July. Keep me posted of your efforts and hopeful I can return the favor. - Dave

Dave, I also will do rebuild around July/August. Will check with you on progress and if problems arise. Ed