stato buckets

Denny

3 hours ago, John S said:

OK thanks you’re right they do look like cloth in the pictures.

You're right. I got the first pair of '70 door panels they made and they were actually a cloth-like fabric where the originals are vinyl. I compared them when I noticed it, buy they fabric is a very close match to the vinyl. They fit so poorly that I couldn't even close the doors, and the heat seams on the vertical pleats were coming loose. I called and complained (with photos) and they had them picked up for the return. I offered to loan them my original panels to use for a pattern, which were in pretty good shape, other than being faded. They also paid for the shipping on them. My car has power locks and windows. When I got the replacements and the originals back, I checked the new panels and they fit well. I didn't open the box with the original panels until 5 or 6 months later, when I needed to take the stainless steel pieces off for the new panels. That's when I found that they only gave me back my passenger side. I assumed they wanted and kept the driver side because it gave them the locations for the lock and window switches. I should have called them and blasted them for stealing my door panel, but time had passed and I didn't. 

Dan

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1