350 won't idle after pan gasket maintenence

What's up guys. I have a 70 small block monte that has been running great for years, but had nasty trans pan and oil pan leaks. I finally got around to changing both pan gaskets. While under there I shimmed the starter because it was screeching, re routed the trans cooler lines that someone before me did a terrible job of, and ran a new 4 gauge starter wire to battery post. Never touched ignition or even took the air cleaner off. After topping of the new oils, the car was hard to start and now will not idle. I can pump the gas and keep it running and the response is pretty good, but as soon as I let off the pedal she dies instantly. What the heck? So now I have removed the air cleaner and if I keep it running long enough for me to reach the carb, I can get it to idle up if I cover the carb with my hand. This leads me think i have a vacuum leak all of a sudden, but I can't find it. What do you guys think?