cuttin weight in the monte

Guest lemon

Just to add on what Allan said, you might want to consider getting some of the steel Chevelle front fenders. Some of the guys in the Club have made the conversion and say it really seems to stiffen up the front of the car. Putting that much glass on the car it might help with flexing in the panels. I bought some of the plastic ones from OPG a couple of years back, they fit alright but I want to switch to the steels. You definitely want to seal up the engine compartment as much as you can. (Of course with enough room for the radiator to properly cool) If you end up running a cowl hood you can get an air isolator plate up in the cowl which will help with turbulence in the engine compartment, at high speeds you can pull fuel out of the carb.

Thats what I'm gonna do. You will be adding a little weight but strengthening the front clip. And besides, I heard the steels aren't to much heavier than the plastics I bought.

Winter 2009 project. Steel fenderwells, painted car color, redo firewall, core support and replace all body mounts. Should be a fun project. Talked to Leo and he has the wells. Kind of like Sams. Plus more chrome.