cable modem

monte70car

ok what would cause a modem to go down? i lost my internet at 2:00 this afternoon and just got it back after undoing the cable and screwing the cable back on. it does me no good to call the cable company because they want me to undo the cable and unplug then hook everything back up. the last time the cable company came out they upped the line voltage and it worked since must of the time i can go 6 months without touching it.

i have the same problem ert... every so often I have to power down the modem for about 10 seconds then plug it back in and eveyrthing runs fine for a while longer..

and I'm using my own Linksys modem.. not the motorola one they try to provide.. I've had nothing but trouble with surfboards..

i have a motorola surfboard which ive have since we went with cox internet. so its cox that has the problem and not my modem. allan i can be using the net submit something and then have it tell me your not connected to the internet which pi$$es me off.