Rear end set up

Chevyss

Just curious. Where can a person get a complete made to fit final drive assembly?? I'd like to switch over to a 9 inch ford that is made to fit the Monte. Thanks for the info in advance

I agree with Allan. Don't cut any corners on this one. Unless you are trying to get rid of c-clips and still want to cruise with big power why would you want a 9". You can switch a 12-bolt over to weld on housing ends with Torington bearings and have a hybrid that uses no c-clips. It'd like part 12-bolt, part 9". I'd have no problem giving my 12-bolt a 1,000HP to chew on.

Winter project will be a pro-charger and I'd like to get the horsepower to the ground once it's installed. I don't believe in cutting corners. It's not worth it in the long run. I've heard good reviews on Currie rearend.

I had lengthy conversations with Moser a while back about them building a 12 bolt drum to drum rear for me that would handle 1,000 hp...they said no problem.

I was actually kinda suprised when they said that they could.

One thing to remember you are going with a supercharger that will not deliver as much a shock to the rear as a naturally aspirated car making 1,000 hp at launch.

Another thing to remember is a 12 bolt robs the least amount of power than any other rear end style out there.

Bill

What I have now should do for what I have for HP. 12bolt 3.73 Richmond gears with an Auburn posi unit. I've installed the c-clip eliminator kits. Some say that for what I'm running that the 12 bolt will do just fine. I'm not running slicks yet and may never. G-Force Drag Radials like you have.

That Auburn unit you have is your weak link as well as factory axles if you still use them. Remember that c-clip eliminators are not for cruising. If you want to compete in D.O.T. tire classes with a super sticky tire Hoosier Quick Time Pro's are awesome. Although not recommended for the street I know a couple guys who drive sparringly with them and can bring their front ends up with no problem. One has a small block and the other a real engine called a big block. Gotcha! Someone will gig me on that one. I love it!