700R4

Chevyss

Not sure, but I think I have a problem building. Second gear seems to be slipping. Is there an ajustment for this?? Taking it back to the shop that built it tomorrow. We'll see.

Talked to the builder today and he said what ever the problem is they will fix it at no charge since they have a 12 month, 12,000 mile warranty on all their work. I asked them when we installed the engine/trans set up and they said that they have had many high HP trucks and cars with the that trans and have never had any problems. Time will tell. Will keep everyone posted. Thansk for the info.

• 2 weeks later...

better then my shop.. for over a year he kept blaming the bad shift patterns on TV cable adjustment.. even tho I had *HIM* adjust it 3 times...

finally got him to drop the valve body and what do you know.. there was a load of CR@P inside the valve bores because he didn't clean it out...

Hello everyone,

I recently installed a 700r4 and 355 gears and like the combination behind my 383, but the the torque converter lock up could be better

I need information on how to control converter lock up electrically on my 700r. Can the work be done with the tranny in the car? What do I need to buy and is there a reccommended source?

Thanks,

Jabo

I used a B&M contoller on my 700R4. The converter lock up works really well. It's the 1-2 shift that I'm having problems with. It's in the shop now and we'll see what happens.

use a toggle switch.. that's all I have.

i swapped out my brake light switch for one from a newer car that had the second set of contacts for the torque converter and/or cruise control so as long as my foot is on the brakes, it's unlocked..

allan.. I pretty much only use mine on the freeway, I really don't like having to wait for it to unlock everytime I want to acellerate around town..

i usually forget to turn it back off until it almost stalls at the bottom of 2nd gear just before it downshifts lol

i've never tried an adjustable kit.. but I know the automatic control of the TCC in my 86 astro used to drive me up the wall!

it wouldn't unlock the TCC until it made the 4-3 downshift.. which really sucked on the freeway..

my dad being a GM powertrain engineer... modified the ECM programing to force the TCC unlock at somthing like 70% throttle (It was set for 110% throttle from the factory)