Transmission

Chevyss

What would be the best transmission to put behind a 502/502hp??

If the current trans doesn't work out. I've only put 700 miles on this one and it seems to be slipping when shifting into 2nd. Will know tomorrow.

I see you have a 700R4 so I would assume you want an overdrive still.

A well built TH400 with a gearvendors under/overdrive unit is as tough as you can get...that's what I have on my car.

Again, Thanks Bill.

I will know tomorrow if I need to start looking for another trans. I like the overdrive with the 700R4 when on the road, but I'm not sure if it's the trans, or maybe the BM lockup control is working right. It goes in tomorrow for the fuel system change and while it's there we will see what my trans tech thinks. Will keep you posted

A well built TH400 with a gearvendors under/overdrive unit is as tough as you can get...

Thats what I would do if I had the money.

Originally Posted By: 502ci

A well built TH400 with a gearvendors under/overdrive unit is as tough as you can get...

Thats what I would do if I had the money.

Royce if it's an around town/track car with little highway then a built 400 (simple and strong). We have 3:73's with a 28" tire and it's still comfortable for an occasional trip on I-5....the overdrive is up to you but I personally don't think you need it .....grin