Driveshaft refinishing.

Crow

I had my trans crossmember sandblasted and cleaned up today, looked so good, that now I want to do a few other parts. One thing I was wondering about was; if I had the driveshaft blasted with aluminum oxide would it need to be rebalanced afterwards?

I had my trans crossmember sandblasted and cleaned up today, looked so good, that now I want to do a few other parts. One thing I was wondering about was; if I had the driveshaft blasted with aluminum oxide would it need to be rebalanced afterwards?

I doubt it Chris but if you want to make sure soda blast it, won't remove any material....

I assume you will replace or re-install the U-Joints after blasting so nothing gets into the bearings.

I know a guy who's painter plastic media blasted his tricked out 300 CID Ford inline six engine, so it would have a great paint job. Problem is with the flywheel off this assembled engine, the bolt holes are not blind and stuff got into the crankshaft then oil pan. Yes, it did mess it up big time!

Bruce