G67 Compressor Diaphragms and Questions

WM & Derek Hall

The G67 "superlift" system works flawlessly on our 72 Custom 454- -but I am concerned about losing the diaphragm on this 38 year old compressor. I have the vacuum "dummy" connected and fill the canister manually to go to shows. The level control valve hesitates as it should before increasing pressure and relieves properly (with delay) when weight is taken out of the car. So I have a number of questions:

-is there a source for the diaphragm or anyone found a replacement that would work?

-where can the air line and fittings to match the original be purchased- -ie are they Weatherhead, Parker, Swagelock etc?

-do I need to tear down the level control valve on rear arm as a precaution and replace orings/seals?

-on this car the shock protectors were originally black- -but I have seen pictures of several cars with them painted silver. Do you all find the color is not consistent or varies by year/plant?

Thanks for any imput you can offer.

Bill Hall

The delay in the rear valve is due to the fact that it works off the oil in the switch. Rather than working like a simple switch (which would cause it to turn on/off every bump) there is oil built into it. Only when the oil settles over time does the switch kick on or off. Sounds like yours is working properly.

There is really nothing to go wrong on these switches unless the oil is leaking out. Otherwise I would not touch.

Dan