Help with a posi!

ROMO

Heloo all! I'm about ready to get my 12 bolt open 2.?? gears or so replaced and the whole rear end rebuilt. My question is I found a (posi carrier)on local craigslist off a 70' Chevelle Part # EDB-30174 for $300 OBO is this a good buy or just get a new one? confused It is a 4 series 30 spline. Im looking to run 3.42 or 3.73 gears. Can I even run those gears in that carrier. Sorry if its a dumb question. crazy

Richmond Gear makes 3.73 gears for that 4 series carrier, so does Summit. If that price doesn't include gears, you may be better off just getting and aftermarket Eaton, Detroit Locker, or Moroso Brute Strength carrier.

If it's an Eaton, or Yukon(Eaton design) go for it. If not that is what you need. As far as gears go a series 4 carrier only goes down to a 3.73:1 gear ratio. If you want lower you will need a series three. Don't listen to all the old school BS about spacers. It's more of a headache than you want to take on. Also 30 spline has a lot more limitations than 33 spline, but if you are only a cruiser, don't sweat it.

summit will match eatons price and i found it even cheaper on ebay and they matched that price.

find your cheapest internet price and summit will beat it.

saves me a ton of money and summit backs it up.

bob