FGMCC Website Speed

714024SP

This may come as a dumb question, but here we go.

Which would be most likely to cause the slow reaction times when cruising the site, the server or my lightning fast AT&T DSL? It can happen when there are a lot of people on, few people on, and at any given time of the day.

Dennis

I've been with the club since 06 and I've never had a problem with the site's speed. We have Charter and the speed is good. Never had much faith in DSL. Maybe Ian will chime in.

I have seen it slow sometimes, it is on a "shared" server, and uses a separate "shared" server for the database. It is the nature of the beast that we call the Internet smile

Dennis

I've been with the club since 06 and I've never had a problem with the site's speed. We have Charter and the speed is good. Never had much faith in DSL. Maybe Ian will chime in.

Amen to the DSL comment. If you couldn't tell, I was saying "lightning fast" sarcasticly. wink

Dennis try running speedtest.org and see how fast your connection is. I know a few people that are on dsl and they get mad when programs are slow or they get kicked off do to the upload speed. If you are opening more tabs on the browser that needs to upload you might see a speed drop.

I ran the test, 1.26 M. When they first hooked me up I was slower than dial up. The guy came out and replaced some stuff out at the pole. He said I was good for up to 9 M, but they limited me to 1.5. I think we might have U-verse available now, maybe I'll look into that. Definitely not a fan of the cable company. mad

the problem is with the servers the site is on.. not individual connections.

i've also seen a big problem with Comcast high speed cable and their DNS servers not responding... a lot of times when the site is being a pain.. I switch to using numerical i.p's (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx) instead of wwww.yadada.com and sometimes it will clear the problem up.. sometimes not.