TH400 kick down linkage?

ChrisM

hey guys, My names chris, an i have a 1970 monte carlo with a 350 small block an a TH400 backing it up. My question is with the kick down linkage. from the day i bought the car, the kickdown linkage has never connectid. With installing the TH400, i still cannot connect it. It seems like the cable is to short, i have the one bracket at the back of the intake, but it doesnt reach to the carb and there isnt even a spot on the carb to put it. its a reg. holly 600CFM, any ideas or where i can get an adptor to make it fit right?

thanks chris

The TH 400 should have a switch on the carb that is tripped when you nail the throttle. A wire harness runs from that switch to a plug on the side of the transmission and that kicks the tranny into a lower gear. If you can post picks maybe someone can help figure out your problem. Good Luck!

Randy the 70-72 GM cars moved the switched to above the throttle pedal. Chris double check your trans again if you have a cable coming up from the passager side you have a 350, 350c(lockup 350) 200r4, 700r4(those are over drive trans which uses a tv cable) 400's used a elec. kickdown which is mounted on the throttle pedal inside the car and has a wire harness.