need info on wheel spacers for 71 monte carlo

Guest gman

ok need to know what size wheel spacers to use on 71 monte carlo going to put 89 corvette wheels and tires on it has 15 inch rally wheels on it now corvette wheels are front & rear 17"x9.5" (7.4" backspacing) tires are p275/40zr17 ... If anyone knows what size spacers to make them fit and work like 2 inch or 3 inch spacers any info would be grateful thanks ae320e03010148634912_3.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well...I have 17x9.5 rear rims with 5.5" backspacing..so it looks like 2" is the way to go there. The fronts I have 17x8 with 4.5 backspacing.....so you would think 3" would work but I'd be more careful with that because I'm not sure how a 9.5" rim in the front is going to clear the wheel wells during turns.

In any case, your going to have to extend the lugs...but I'm not too comfortable with that big of a spacer....not sure how safe that is....I would look into that first.

Steve

i have a set of 2 wheel spacers/adaptors

they bolt to the current lugs studs and space the wheel out i believe 2 " and the wheel bolts to its own studs -so no long studs to worry about

they are for sale and are like new .

pm me for specs and details .

bob

Hey Gman, Steve is right the gap is way too much for standard wheel spacers and longer 7/16 studs wont work either,I would go with Bob's suggestion of Wheel adapters they bolt onto your standard 5 on 4 3/4 studs and space out the width you need and then relocating your 5 on 4 3/4 studa again so you can still use them for the aplication but in your case you need to change the second wheel pattern as I have the same wheel technically... I have a set 1992 Z06 vette wheels that fit on the 08 impala SS just fine but when on the 70 they need the wheel adapters bolted on and the bolt pattern on my vette wheels are 5 on 4 1/2...they do make the adapters in all sorts of offsets and bolt patterns....simply go onto ebaymotors and enter wheel adapters in the search and you can see whats out there.........Jegs or Les Swabb can get them for you but some can be costly...The ride is great but the turning is so touchy with that wide a wheel on the front...when you turn you turn like right now very quick and instantly not like standard 15x8's on a graduall turn.... If Bob has a set for sale then even better it helps you get what you need and free's Bob up of an item he no longer needs....Good both ways.....good luck....Darren.