Some new Velle Bests!!!

CrazyDavey

I think that Crazy Davey has a really good shot at getting in the show. I think that they like to pick well done cars that are fast enought to pull the front wheels. Also the times that he is running seem to be a ET class that they pick often. Good luck Davey and Red.

thanks Dennis and Tommy..

we're doing Pinks just to say we did it, no expectations of getting on the show. Most guys that have done it say it's very scripted and Rich knows nothing about cars.

Looking forward to it though, we were just at Firebird where it will be held this past weekend (PSCA) and it's a nice track. I do hope they do a better job of preparing it compared to what we got. Friday no traction at all, Saturday a little better and finally on Sunday they actually prep'd it.

The air was not as good as Sacramento but I made a morning pass on Sunday that got me a 10.29 @ 129.97....missed 130 by .03! DANG!!! My best 60' was a 144 which is a new best that happened on Sunday too. The car was dead on its runs which made it pretty easy to predict my dials. When the car loses races now it's because I cut a bad light, the car does its job.

Got a few things to do to Red's car to get it ready so I'll be working on that for the next month. Hopefully it will be fun and now that we know the track that will take some stress off...Dave

Davey, i just wanted to add that Warren Johnsen was competitive on the tree well into his 70's. You can do it big guy. If yours or Reds class gets chosen, he with the least mistakes usually wins. I am going to be your cheerleader from across the USA. You can go all the way. And that Chevelle runs in the most chosen classes for the show.

Andy

Davey, Now that you have the car dialed in and very consistent, the rest is up to you. Pro Stock is the same (just faster)and it is all about the driving skills. You are very consistant and that is what counts. Keep up the great work and you will be reaching for a Wally someday. As Andy has said, Warren Johnson is still doing it in his 70's. Enjoy and keep the Loud Pedal down !!!

thanks Andy and CK......we'll see what happens, the spread they seem to use sometimes is kinda scary. They get all excited.."and these cars are only separated by 3 tenths!!!"....3 tenths......holy crap, that's 3 car lenghts! Not sure how to play that game as I'm a pedal down kinda guy.

Every time I watch an NHRA event I always root for ol' Warren, he knocked some guys out a few races ago. Bob Glidden is only a couple of years older than me and he's trying to make a comeback too....maybe if I can get jacked up on 6 bottles of 5 Hour Energy I can cut a light.... grin..Davey