Some new Velle Bests!!!

CrazyDavey

well after 5 days at the Summit Division 7 finals in Sacramento I have some new bests.

This was the first time the car has run in air below 3500' (with this combo) and it seemed to like it. The DA's on my Performaire ranged from about 2100' to 3300' (the first day it was 105 degrees). Here are my new best numbers:

1/4 ET...10.27

1/4 MPH...128.87

1/8 ET...6.52

1/8 MPH...107.73

made 7 full passes and they ranged from 10.33 to 10.27 ...my 60's were a little off but still good (1.47-1.50). I was there as a part of "Team Fontana", I qualified on points for Pro. Lost my race though which was my second 10.27. I dialed a 10.27 and the car ran 10.27 with a 6, my rt was .07 to his .026 so that's where I lost it. I shallow staged so I wouldn't go red and that cost me but that's still a good light for me so no complaints. He's a better driver and beat me fair and square, the car did its job.

the track took this picture of my elimination race....

Sac_Div_71.jpg

here's an exterior vid of the run..Red did her best to cheer me on..

here's the in car of the run

needless to say I'm a pretty happy guy. the car continues to amaze me, I don't know how it does this. We're off to Arizona on Thursday for PSCA, we'll see how she likes that place...

DAVEY,

You Maybe could go to Sea Level and Run 9s ! grin

I can believe it...not too many cars can keep getting faster and faster like that... cool

Dang Dave!! shocked Bring that Velle to S/GA next month and you would be in the 9's. We have killer air from late Oct to mid March. Quit playing with us and take off the throttle stop and run that beast out the back!! kicking Great times and mph that thing is getting better every time you run it! cool

David

thanks everyone!!

throttle stop...what's that??? crazy

never in my wildest did I think she would bump those numbers. Just proves you don't always have to know what you're doing... grin

It might be back to the roll bar shop soon for you Davey. grin

9.99 you have to have 10 point right?

yes, 4 more point than I now have....and....chassis cert.....window net.....license....neck collar.....$$$$$ so find a downhill track for a 9.9999999 and then back to reality.... grin

....chassis cert.....window net.....license....neck collar.....$$$$$

It's just their way of taxing the sucessful.

...and you should be happy to do it! Remember: your added expense burden makes the track safe for everybody.

Congratulations on your continued success, Dave!! The videos are super!! First we get to see it all from the stands and then we get to ride shotgun - can't beat that for excitement!

I'm just turning my attention back to drag racing as a spectator sport after a 40 year hiatus. I don't recall anyone on the FGMCC forums mentioning Pink's All Out. I get the feeling that is a variant of the sport's mainstream. It seems more organized and structured than casual racing, but not as formal as the NHRA meets. Do you or other members have any experience or opinions about Pink's that you care to share?

Thanks for sharing your good news and videos! Best of luck in Arizona!

thanks Dennis and Vince.....

Dennis, I'll let you know about Pinks next month. Red is going to run her Monte and I'll have the Chevelle at Pinks at Firebird November 19th and 20th...

Vince, the air here is not quite as good as it was in Sacramento but she did run a 10.29 yesterday. I'll make an all out pass this morning before elims and see what she does...Dave

Dave, glad to hear that you both will be running a Pink's in Phoenix in mid November. Sounds like you have already registered. It would be great to see one of you on the TV program that will ultimately be aired from that event!

I got some good feedback in a PM from a member who has participated and I've also done some online reasearch into Pink's. Seems you need to get their schedule well in advance of the target meet and then be ready to act immediately when their online registration opens for that event.

The big "downer" I can see is that you could go to all of the time and expense to register, show up, ace the time trials and still not have a shot at the $10K grand prize because your particular ET bracket did not get chosen for the final 32 or 16 car run off.

Most of the episodes I have seen on cable TV have featured the low to mid-10 second ET range but the one I viewed online last night from Dallas was the mid-8 second range. It seems to be a completely random choice by Rick and his buddies. Oh, well, life's not fair so why should this be?

Within any given ET range, it seems that consistently reacting quickly to Rick's arm drop (without jumping) can be more important than having the fastest car. Interesting, too, that several do great in getting to the final round only to have their cars fail in the best of 3 "hot lap" competition. Maybe that's the producer's way of introducing an element of "Survivor" into their made-for-TV drag racing "reality" show? Driver's skill plus the car's performance and endurance are all a part of the winning combination.

It will be great to hear about your first hand experience in November whether or not either of you gets chosen to run in the final elimination group. Best of luck to you both - we'll be pulling for you!