Night At the Track

Andy's Auto

First run went all wrong. Wheelhopped on the burnout and spun my way to a 2.285 60 foot and a 5500 rpm shift point. It ran 104. Second run it hooked, ran a 1.81 short leaving at 1/2 throttle. I moved the shift points and it hated the high rpm. I wanted to hit a good light on next run but the rains came. There is a ton left. It ran a 12.90@106. It crossed the lights at 5100 rpm. But for a first run of 12.90 works. I need to match a 1.70 60 ft to somewhere around 117 mph. It looks like a 11.50 car.

I was hoping for a slow ten run night, but at 7:30 they called it. I filled the bottle in hopes I would get all I could and hit the 10:45 pass a 150 shot. I planned on taking the 90SS Friday, but it looks like the Monte still has a turn.

Here is the vid, my first ever Easy Share In Car.

a>

Run

Spritzing!!! that's not in my race track theasourus!!!!

on bended knee I ask thee ol' Ondykin...what the hell is that noise!! My fillings hurt, can you ask your Mastercard carrying offspring to clean that up???

A doublepump and some tires will set it free..... crazy

Spritzing!!! that's not in my race track theasourus!!!!

on bended knee I ask thee ol' Ondykin...what the hell is that noise!! My fillings hurt, can you ask your Mastercard carrying offspring to clean that up???

A doublepump and some tires will set it free..... crazy

Davey, the Atrtiste formerly known as Julie was MIA last night. Took her new poodle or a ride or something. So...I did all the video myself. It was strange. I was talking and had Nickelback blasting on the stereo and the only sound that came out was the running of the lemmings and my countdown to go.

And for those not in the loop like Davey. I found this hotty pulled up behind me in the staging lanes in her 18k 2009 Impala SS. It had a very familiar car number on it. My Hunny Bunny was running her first ever runs in that car. She spun the first round to a 15.3@91. I reached in, gave her a kiss, and turned her traction control on. Not sure why it was off in the first place. She would up running a 14.8@96 in a pretty much bone stock SS. I did buy her a Magnaflow kit for Christmas and a KN filter. She made me proud, and a little randy if you now what I mean. Gave that woman the best seven minutes of her life last night. grin

Brought Monte back to the shop this morning. Busy day but I am swapping out the carb and grabbing yet anotrher $390 set of Drag Radials for Firday nights festivities.

Andy

Ondy

Here is another vid. The first run. The lemmings are in this one. Can anyone see the wheel hop during the burnout? This one launched, spun, and still went 103MPH with a 2.35 short time.

Does anyone notice the BMW with the really good brakes? I still pinned him down as the exit is right lane only. I made the guy stop. The only reason is this. He had decals for his car number, not show polish (Dave calls it Bon Ami or something like that). Courtest says right lane exits first and you stage the cars with the front tires, not the back.

Pathetic First Run

Welcome to my life, at least you didn't break anything.... If you don't want to buy a fancy anti roll bar or control arm relocation bracket (I know you said you like the stock suspension) and you can weld, you could just make some traction bars from tube stock you probably have sitting by the cutoff saw. I made some that were kind of like this Lakewood Traction Bars They do work and I never get wheel hop. Probably cost more for the bumpers than the metal. I just used a farm store turnbuckle for the adjuster. If you want, I can send you some pictures of mine.

A little tweaking and you'll get there.

Jes, jes we are. Got the 1050 HO AED bolted on but I am at a loss for tires. Gonna have to make due I guess, or steal them off the Malibu. And I think I have the audio figured out. With the stereo off it sound normal.

Ondy

das goot.....the bu won't mind if you borrow the boots...just do it......put some boost in the 93 and make sure the total is cranked up...looking forward to the 2 channel vids..headin' for the track myself...early tech today and race tomorrow and the following.....Botkins