Yet Another Track Run

Andy's Auto

Nothing here about my 71. Back to the drawing board. Installed my AED carb yesterday to prove you can't feed a 500 cube big block reliably with a mechanical pump. First run launched like a Pro Stocker only to shut off at the 660 mark. Car went 13.10@81 feeling like it was on the rev limiter at 3000RPM.

Last year I installed a Holley Black pump and regulator. But this is one of our cruise cars. She hated the noise of the pump as did I so back on went the Holley mechanical.

Today I will put my BG 280(pretty quiet) and an Aeromotive Regulator with a few feet of -10 pushloc.

Back to the fun,Julie, my 17 year old daughter made her first ever passes. In the Trailblazer got smoked by mom twice. Mom was hitting 15.10@93 like a bracket car. Jules first pass was a 16.8@82 and a second pass of 15.2@91. The best part of Lover Gir was pass number 5. Monte is already on the rollback as you can't tune out a design flaw. LoverG flys at me with her last time slip. 14.8@96. I said whatdya do? Shes says "I turned my air off!".

It sucked the Monte didn't run any number yet, but hey, I made it a 60 foot tune night. She went 1.80-1.82 five runs straight. And I got to watch the two most important people in my life have a blast behind the wheel.

See ya next Weds with better things coming.

Ondy

a big giant congrats to the gals!! Put a tune on those mall rockets and they'll be shopping for designer Snell 2005's.

I went through my what the **** issues when Velle was growing up, normal stuff. Gotta feed the beast, if you find one I think the Mallory is pretty quiet....Botkins

Wolfie, say hey to Jesse the Body and Brock Lesnar for me. Heading out now to pick up the fittings. Should be good to for tonight. It did run 97 mph in the 8th on pass number three before falling flat.But the overall MPH was 82. Once I fix the starvation problem I want to spray the bejeezus out of it. Really interested in how much that TH350 can take. And don't worry about the rear gear Justin, I built it. It aint going no where.

Davey, I am as proud of the gals as it gets. Jules is working tonight but Rob and me are heading out at six.

Andy

Back to the track tonight Andy?

Oops, misread the shcedule. Mud bogs tonight, but the fuel system is in. Weds it is.

Dave, you have no idea the feeling of watching the two most impotant things in my life having a blast doing what I like to do. Hopefully Julie will get a better isea what she is doing as I have had that TBSS deep in the 13s already. Hit the gas, steer straight. Her first reaction time was a 3.66. I told her not to dwell on the lights and she certainly took me literally.

Andy

I remember the first time my monte pulled off a 14.2xx pass... I was super excited smile

I started out at 17.0's

then to high 15's

then high 14's

and tuned it into the low 14's

was hopin' to hit 13's on the bottle but that never happened.