Couple more 502 Questions

72 LS5

I'm in the final stages of buttoning up the ZZ502, and need to confirm a couple things.

Is my old 454 water pump a direct bolt-in?

Are all Mark IV and Gen VI big block oil filters interchangeable?

Thanks!

I'm stoked! I always have visions of 502s in my head at work - for months now....

Last night I rebuilt my 850 Double pumper. Tomorrow I plan on pressure cleaning the entire engine compartment. I've got my new inner fenders from Leo which I have to test-fit, then paint. Then detail the engine bay, then I'll change the tranny fluid (since I can pluck the converter off). I've got to get on Jeg's and order a bunch more stuff including headers, air cleaner, motor mounts, breather, fan, etc. Cha-Ching!

Then its time to plumb in an electric fuel pump.......

Sounds like it's all coming together for you. Reminds me of when my 489 was almost done. I was so excited I had trouble sleeping at night. Makes me think I need to either rebuild my engine, or build a different engine for the thrill of it. Have a blast with the 502. Folks who have never owned a powerfull big block will never understand.