New engine in the car

dbreese

Might want to consider a PCV system instead of 2 breathers. They will smoke and leak oil if you don't. It also helps keep the gaskets from leaking. I switched to one last year, and it makes an unbelievable difference.

Yep that is the plan Justin. We just threw those breathers on before we took it to the dyno. Funny thing was during the dyno pulls they stayed bone dry and no smoke.

Thanks,

David

Originally Posted By: Winston Wolf
Might want to consider a PCV system instead of 2 breathers. They will smoke and leak oil if you don't. It also helps keep the gaskets from leaking. I switched to one last year, and it makes an unbelievable difference.

Yep that is the plan Justin. We just threw those breathers on before we took it to the dyno. Funny thing was during the dyno pulls they stayed bone dry and no smoke.

Thanks,

David

That is awesome Dave, it sounds like your rings are sealing excellently.

Originally Posted By: Winston Wolf

Thanks,

David

Eventually it will fill the breather with oil and leak, especially if you drive it more than a 1/4 mile at a time. I'm not going to start a debate on why they should be used on every street car, but since you are already planning to use one, I wanted you to have this info.

Here is what I posted on another forum in regards to the proper one to use. I got mine at Napa. Use one of these below, as they are designed for lower vaccum applications such as yours and mine.

"The one I am using has the number 2057 on it

The other one that worked is a has ACC9216 and 0298216 stamped on it.

I know when i went to Napa, I asked for the on for an 1970 LT1 350hp/350 Camaro and the other one was from a 67 427 Solid Cam Corvette.

I believe they cross to these numbers:

AC-736-C and A/C-Delco CV-746-C (PV-746C by Fram)

They guy at the counter can cross check them."