Dynatech Headers for SBC

quarterbooty

Does anyone know if the Dynatech MuscleMAXX headers for SBCs will fit Montes? I've been looking at these for awhile, and AFab finally got smart/desparate enough to include the collector adapters in with the headers to make these reasonably priced. I know of no other header with an 1-3/4" primary that is known to fit the Monte chassis, but these still have hope.

Here's a link to their site for reference. Thanks in advance.

Nick

Hey Nick,

I don't they will work. There was someone a while back that tried them and they had clearance issues with the primary tubes hitting the lower control arm frame boss mount. I'm dealing with headers issues for the new engine. To my knowledge Schoenfeld Headers out of AR are the only ones that have headers with primaries larger than 1 5/8" to fit s/b Montes allegedly.:)http://www.schoenfeldheaders.com/2008Catalog_final.pdf

I must say that I have test fitted the headers in the car and the drivers side will fit with a small ding on the number 5 tube to clear the steering shaft. The passenger side was a no go because again the number 2 tube would kiss the a-arm boss. I calling Schoenfeld tomorrow to see if they will sell me a header just for the passenger side that has a different tube configuration that might solve the problem. It would be the model # 186-MCM-3.

Short of some custom made headers there just isn't anything out there, other than Schoenfeld, with primaries that are an 1 3/4" or larger that fit a s/b First Gen.

David

patriot performance make the 3/4 length headers in 1 3/4 size. they fit great. i had the same problem and just bought the patriots. there is plenty of clearance. not really sure how much low end they would give up though.