Mufflers?

dbreese

Ok I'm ordered a bunch of thing from summit and they came today. One was a set of pypes race pro mufflers. I really wanted the MRV36 3" with the 18" case but they were on back-order so I went with the MVR16's 3". They have a 14" case. I don't know. I really like the construction and finish of the muffler but sound wise they might be a little louder than I might expect. Now I will have full 3" exhaust with turn downs at the bumper (Torque Tech system) No h or x pipe will be used. What do ya think? Will it be to crazy loud? I emailed the tech at Pypes with engine specs and exhaust system to be used and will see what they have to say.

David

Can't be as loud as two chamber Flowmasters. I'm curious why no H, or X-pipe? You spent good money on the best A-body exhaust system out there and you didn't get everything it can be.

Hey Greg,

I was worried that the h or x would interfere with the d/s loop. I know my h pipe on my old flowmaster 2.5 American Thunder system was way close to the loop. I haven't purchased the Torque Tech kit yet. I'll talk to one of the techs in a couple of weeks. Maybe their system will be a better fit. If so I'll go with what they say. Thanks for chiming in.

Take care,

David

You are right, Torque Tech makes a KA system w/series 40 mufflers and an H-pipe. I've had mine on for several years now and I love the sound. Gets lots of thumbs up when people hear it. Great choice.

Go out the back with the pipes- the noise and dust created by turn downs suck. Not sure what kind of performance or "attitude" you are looking for... I went through a whole mess of pain with my exhaust and I am really happy with my x-pipe, 20" magna-flows and 2.5" tails from TT. Don't get hung up on the loop- you can make it fit and keep it all nice and tight. Unless you are running deep 10's, a 2.5 system will be fine.

I get a big kick out of my friends telling me how quiet my rides are - especially after I scare the hell out of them with the power! smile