elec. fuel pumps.

monte70car

I've been running a Summit brand elec fuel pump on my Monte since 99 with the only issue being the regulator that came with it leaking. I'm looking at going to a TBI system in a few weeks for the Monte my question is, is there a difference between a elec pump for a carb and one for a EFI motor since they both will be mounted on the outside of the fuel tank? I know I will have to run a return line with the TBI system which ain't a big deal, it's the matter of the pump. I do have an adjustable regulator which is dialed in for 7PSI for the carb.

YES, there is a huge difference!

Electric carb pumps run about 4-20 psi pressure.

Electric EFI pumps (like for your TBI) will run 30-65 psi pressure...

The regulators are different, too!

Thanks Andreas just getting my shopping list together. Probably wouldn't hurt to get a regulator for EFI as well. The Retortek system Andreas did you go through Summit or did you order it from them? I notice its about $100 cheaper at Retortek compared to summit but since I need a pump I might just end up going to summit.

I bought from Summit during their 15% off sale...grin

Here is a tip:

JCWhitney has the Retrotek system also. And there are many JCwhitney coupons floating around out there!!! You should be able to get their base system (Satin w/o fuel pump) for less than $1400...

Try code 12CABIN at JCwhitney!!!

Looks like we can share our 'war stories' about the Retrotek system soon?