ahhhhhh happy

stevns71monte

okay sooo mommy and daddy decieded to help me lol (after alot of convincing) with my carburetor and exhaust but they said if they are going to help i have to do exhaust first. so the headers are going on. should i wrap them?? i heard you can blow starters because of the heat? plus i found a decently price exhaust shop. they dont do headers of course. soooo wrap or no wrap??

Are your mom and dad adopting?

see when i first got the car when i was 14 i had bought it from my grandmother for $250 (i know rediculous)and my parents said they would pay up to 2500 for repairs we havent reached that 2500 yet soooo that was my main arguement no wrap? do i have to like fab up a sheild? orrrr can i buy them?

do i have to like fab up a sheild? orrrr can i buy them?

They can be made or bought. Depending on what material, tools, and fabrication skills you have.

2 different types. examples only > http://www.autozone.com/autozone/accessories/Electrical/Starter-Heat-Shield/_/N-269n

IMO. Whether you buy or build I would go with the Specter style. First pic in link.

Basically for the same reason`s being stated for not using header wrap on your pipes.

I wrapped the starter, not the headers with that Thermo Tec stuff posted above...

No problems for the last 5 years...