HEADER WRAP

madmonte

I've heard you have to be carefull when wraping your headers, it traps condensation and can cause premature rusting of the headers. That's my 2 cents.

fgmcc

Are you going for that look? or Are you going to try and reduce heat? If its the look, I think it would look good on your engine (the way its laid out with the colors). Don`t wrap a good set though cuz they will rust over time. Ceramic reduces heat also , but I`m sure you know that already. wink

im wrapping the headers for the heat reduction in the engine compartment. i also like the looks if they are wrapped correctly. the heat from the right header(pass. side) follows up the firewall right to my msd box and will actually make the ignition cut out . works fine if i unplug the rev. limiter or take the rpm chip out of the msd box .

I wrapped a set of headers a long time ago. What a nightmare. I remember it wasn't possible to wrap them while in the car (camaro). The wrap I used was fiberglass and I remember the dust doing nasty things to my skin. The wrap looked like hell (dirty, frayed) after a short amount of time and it ruined the headers quickly. I highly recommend it- if you like pain.

• 2 weeks later...

Forget wrapping them. I would just order new ones with the Jet coating on them. I've seen then and they work real good and keep great looks. I would ask in the Hot Rod forums cause I could point you to them.