Regular Holley vs Demon

72 LS5

Has anybody seen any measurable gains when switching from a regular Holley to a Speed Demon, Mighty Demon, or Holley HP??? Is it really worth the extra price?

If so, what kind of improvements were seen?

Thanks

I went from a standard 750 holley D.P. to a 750 holley HP, and it not only started and idled better but I picked up .025 on my 60ft. time and about 1.5 tenths off my e.t. the starting and idle alone was worth the price difference. That's my 2 cents. wink

fgmcc

the standard holley is calibrated for a wide range, using one of companies that custom tune it for your application is well worth the money, I got a holley built buy quick fuel for drag racing, put it on a chassis dyno, and the jetting and fuel curve was dead on. bolt it on and go, this is only my 2 cents, good luck

Sam

fgmcc

72 LS5 You PM'd we a while back for my engine combo, you could go back and refer to that our go to the thread, How fast are you S.B. guys running, my combo is there also, I'm to lazy this morn. to type my car combo. wink Hope this helps, I can't recall my M.P.H. gain when I changed carbs, I just remembered the 60 FT, gain and the E.T change, I was pleased with it.

fgmcc

72 LS5 if the HP carb did what it did for me you'll be posting faster E.T's then me, but every engine's different, some of the guys at the track said the HP carb made no difference, but everyone tune's there engines different also. cool

fgmcc

• 1 month later...

I've got a speed demon and I like it but a friend of mine has a Mighty Demon and he loves his. He wouldn't go back. They say they are good when there are changes in weather. I could not tell you the difference between them because all I have had has been quadrajets but my friend had a holley for many years and now runs the Demon for the past 3 yrs, maybe 4. I would definitely call the Demon customer service though to get the perfect one for your car because I think the calibrate them to your specs.

72yellowmc: Still haven't decided. Everything is on hold for me now - life is very hectic! With a 2 year old, and a 3 month old, they keep me hopping. Plus, still repairing stuff from Hurricane Wilma, still have do baby's room, garage, office, etc.

Enough excuses! Right now I'm running an 800 dp, and I have an 850 dp in great condition. I want to compare back to back at the track. I may wait until I rebuild the engine before I decide.

I still want some more numbers of measurable improvement going with one of these high-buck carbs. Yellow had great results. Can anybody else convince me with track results? I don't really trust the butt-dyno.... wink