Fast Ratio Steering Box

Just ordered a constant 12:1 steering box with new pump from www.corvettesteering.com Price for the brand-new box was $325. GM list price is $704, gmpartsdirect.com has them listed for $540!

Will keep you posted on the progress. Maybe a candidate for a tech article in the newsletter as well (?)....

Hey Kevin, these guys are in your town!

------------------

71 Monte 454 HO "FULMNTE"

86 Monte LS "The Gray Mouse" FOR SALE!

Andreas' Monte Carlo Site

Member NMCOA, FGMCC (Event Coordinator)

------------------------------------------

Sig.gif

------------------------------------------

"It ain't a car if it's not a Monte"

montesmile.jpg

[This message has been edited by Andreas (edited 06-18-2002).]

Do you have the GM part number for that box. I used one out of a 87 SS. You are going to be happy with the way your Monte will handle. I did this swap so if you have any questions I will be happy to help.

• 3 weeks later...

Got the fast ratio steering box & pump installed:

finished.JPG

My first spin around the block, WHOA! Big difference. The Monte feels MUCH tighter now biggrin.gif

Andreas, KEWL! I'd love to see the write up on this in the newsletter. Driving down to Denver yesterday over our crappy roads has convinced me that I want/need to update the suspension & steering on my Monte (currently stock).

Also, where are you picking up the lines/hoses in your engine bay? I like the way they look, and may do similar in my ride in the future.

------------------

If you want government to intervene domestically, you're a liberal. If you want government to intervene overseas, you're a conservative. If you want government to intervene everywhere, you're a moderate. If you don't want government to intervene anywhere, you're an extremist. —JOSEPH SOBRAN (1995)

Monte1a.jpg

The power steering hoses are standard rubber. I just covered them with braided steel that I had left over from one of the kits that you can buy at Pep Boys.... smile.gif