CANT KEEP IT UP!!!

FOUROHTOO

MY HOOD OF COURSE...GET YOUR MIND OUTTA THE GUTTER.. BOUGHT TWO SETS OF NEW HOOD SPRINGS FOR MY 70 AND THEY DO NOT HAVE ENOUGH TENSION TO KEEP THE HOOD UP... ARE MONTE SPRINGS DIFFERENT THAN CHEVELLE AND THATS WHY THE REPOS AINT RIGHT?? SO DOES ANYONE KNOW FOR SURE ??? NOS HOOD SPRINGS?? HELP ME AGAIN PLEASE GOTTA BE READY FOR WESTERN MEET...THANKS DOUG

Hi Doug,

I had a 70 Chevelle SS with cowl induction and had this problem. I like to keep my hood about 3/4 the way up at shows with both monte and chevelle.I used springs from a chevy truck and without knowing you would never see the difference.I think the wire was larger making them stronger but the dia/lenth over all looked the same.They were not so strong that the hood would bend but strong enough to hold the hood where I wanted.I can't remember what yr truck but just throwing this out for another option.

Terry

THANKS FOR THE INPUT..WILL CHECK OUT A 68-72 PICKUP SPRING.. ITS AMAZING HOW MANY THINGS ARE MONTE ONLY AND 70 ONLY FOR THAT MATTER..IM GONNA GET IT RIGHT THOUGH WITH THE HELP OF PEOPLE LIKE YOU GUYS ..THANKS AGAIN