Remote Mirror

Hey Resto Guru's

Have a 70MC 68,000 org miles 400sb Turbo, bucket seat w/o console. Air, PS, Some minor stealth upgrades but keeping it factory orig. Looking for a NOS Driverside Remote mirror. Any fellow MC owners have one laying around without a car to put it on?

Frank

I looked at Ausleys repop morror at the Chevy Show a few weeks ago. It is a nice piece. But Roger Ausley counln't tell me if it was correct for my Monte.

IMHO, Roger has become a Monte hater smile Years ago he would bring repop everything that was Monte specific. Bumper strips, emblems, weatherstrip, etc. This year I was only able to score whatever a Chevelle shared. A few gauges, a fuel sender, rearview mirror, stuff like that.

As much of my hard earned I spend on my hot rod, eBay shipping still hurts :rolleyes:

Andy

I used one of Ausley's and the overall quality is great .. only issue I have is that it "tilts" 10 deg. to the inside of the car. There were some past post on this same topic that noted what the correct hole locations were for the matching passenger mirror that they also sell. I plan to remove mine and see if the same holes for the drivers side are for some reason too far to the outside. It's strange that the repro part looks so identical to my origianl one but has this mounting slant issue.

Another heads up => When I bought my first one they had placed the wrong plastic mounting base in the box(it was the one intended for the passenger miror) and when mounted, it slams the mirror into the drivers side window!!! I cursed and swore trying to determine what I had done wrong, even taking the mirror apart and trying to modify the mirror-head-to-base positon, only to fail misserably. When I took it back to them they were quick to see the problem and gave me a replacement. They are very good folks to work with.