Rewiring my horn

ShckByte

Yes, my 70 has some interesting electrical problems. Just got three of the problems resolved and now want to rewire my horn because the person or people way before me decided to put a small push horn on the dash and 1) ruin the facia board and 2) make my life hell by having to rewire the horn. Does anyone have a schematic of how the horn should look? Is it only one wire straight to the horn? or are there two with one grounded? Currently, the small horn on the dash has a wire going to the fuse box and another going to the horn. Thanks.

Brian,

a simple schematic,, there's a couple of ways to wire one. Although using a relay is the safest way, for many reasons. Your '70 shares a similar wiring method. I have the entire vehicle's electrical schematic if you need it.

Horn-Relay-Diagram.jpg

Hi Rod. I don't know about your '70 but my '71 horn circuit has nothing to do with the ignition switch necessary to blow the horn except for the key in switch + door open that causes the horn relay to vibrate as a key warning. Is that what you are trying to show in your diagram?

Mike

Hi Rod. I don't know about your '70 but my '71 horn circuit has nothing to do with the ignition switch necessary to blow the horn except for the key in switch + door open that causes the horn relay to vibrate as a key warning. Is that what you are trying to show in your diagram?

Mike

Hello Mike, you're absolutely right my friend, although in reading my statement, you'll notice key words that mention (there's a couple of ways to wire one) & (Your '70 shares a similar wiring method) a difference, I posted the basic diagram to get a feel of the task at hand? I understand your concern and perhaps the simple diagram with the ignition switch was misleading. And yet not the exact wiring schematic, what should you delete or add in the simple diagram in order for it to be the same?