WHO RECONES FACTORY SPEAKERS???

My father is in a local Chevy Car Club that has a member who recones speakers as he has done all of mine.

I would suggest checking local radio shops / classic car venues in your area to get references. Should'nt be to difficult to find someone locally.

I have a set of factory 6X9 10 ohm rear speakers with baffles. One has been reconed & the other has not been checked if working. Pigtails are intact. I can have the one reconed here locally if interested but usually takes a month as are delivered back during the next scheduled Club Meeting. Both reconed $150.00 or as is $110.00 + shipping.

Also have 1 set of front reconed left. Can get pic's of the rear or both if interested.

Doug

Ya know Doug,you would think in San Jose with a million people and lotsa car people,you would think it would be easy. Gotta pay some bills this week but i need a nice set of reconed speakers..i have frt cores if that gets a better price and i also have a set of Ken Harrison Audio rear speakers i bought from opgi..and then i found out they dont work with my factory deal..let me know what you need for a set of cherry ones and if you want my new ones..by the way..do you know Doug Decot from Johns Westide Auto Wrecking??...I think they call it LKQ portland now..Thanks Doug

Thats crazy!

Can't believe there isn't somebody close by who recones speakers! Whats this world coming to!! eek

I can have em done for you up here but would mean shipping and waiting! Last time checked, they were $30.00 each & does not include the cloth protective layer. That is easily done by yourself. Micheals has the speaker Cover material.

I'm not in need of any other items right now. Yeah, gotta be careful when buying speakers for these radios (Delco Vintage) as 10 ohm speakers are required. I have been told 8 ohm speakers work also but am not ready to test that theory out on mine!

No, don't know the Gentleman or the business establishment. So many venues around here it is hard to visit them all.

Doug

• 2 weeks later...

your in san jose......I got a spot over in Marin that i take my dj speakers to for repair..they can do it for you..look up A brown sounds...they can take care of you!!