Decal Adhesives Question?

Hey all,

I have noticed when replacing/applying various Deals specifically under the hood at/near engine heat, there ability to stick on the surfaces vary. Some do not stick well and will lift/curl after application. The age of the Decal prior to application may be a cause, the adhesive backing itself and or temperatures submitted after application.

I have completely cleaned those surfaces prior to attempting Decal application with varying degrees of bonding to those surfaces.

Can anyone recommend a reliable spray adhesive that can be applied to the Decal backing prior to installation that has been effective in holding it's bond long term?

Haven't had any experience experimenting as of yet and to prevent trial & error, thought one of you guys may have come up with a good reliable adhesive you use.

Any recommendations?

Thanx,

Doug

Doug, I would try using a stronger solvent/cleaner to ensure the surface is oil free before applying the decal. Also, be sure to give the decal time to sit before inducing engine heat. Last recommendation is to call a good restoration shop and ask them what they are using homie

Jamie

I think I have found a good adhesive for those pesky weak sticking Decals. It is a general adhesive (3M #08088). As I reapply a couple Decals in engine compartment, I will let you know how that adhesive held up in securing & retaining them to their surfaces.

Surface preperation is very important and were adequately prepared before applying the Decals. It is just some of them do not have the adhesive strength as others do fo what ever reason. A annoyance that I hope will be resolved with this 3M product.

Doug