Torque strap

Sharky427

Anyone have plans/pics of a cable style torque strap? I am having a hard time catching 4th gear in my 427/4 speed monte. I believe engine/trans are torquing over causing linkage binding. Doesn't look like floor contact with shifter but possible. Thanks for any assistance.

You might want to google 65 impala engine compartment for one idea. The factory had a recall. I am not sure if they are available as a reproduction and I have never seen one in a junkyard but the idea is pretty simple and works. One other thing I have heard of is putting a solid motor mount on the drivers side. It keeps the engine compartment a little cleaner. I have never done it so I can't say how it affects vibration. David

I agree a solid mount would do the trick, that is what I run. Depending on the torque output and usage the PST urethane mounts are good and not supposed to separate I used to run them but went to the solids trying to help my 60 foot times.