Gauges

Chevyss

Since the Montes and Chevelles are the same when it comes to the SS gauges, I'd like to ask a favor. I've replaced all the dash gauges on my 70 Chevelle SS. I bought them from NPD. Bottom line I can't get the temp and fuel gauge to work properly. It's been changed out twice and sending units have been replaced. Still the same results. Temp gauge wants to peg out at 250 and the fuel gauge wants to stay on full for a long time then moves to 1/2 full and the tank only had four gallons left. Not sure where to go to find someone who might know how to fix it. Thanks in advance

Royce it sounds as if there is a open ground for those gauges. Without looking at my old cluster I can't remember where the resitor goes. Base on my metally notes one should run side to side of the studs and the other one runs up and down but I don't remember which one is which.

• 2 weeks later...

Royce I have the same problem . I did my friends 70 Chevelle and the same thing is happening. Never got a chance to try to fix them. These gauges are from SS396 who gets them from the Muscle factory. I did email the Muscle factory and this is what they said. First off you don't use the shunt resistors that came off your old gauges. They are built into the new gauges. Make sure you cluster is grounded good. When you get them fixed I would love to know. I really wanted all OER gauges but these came in a white box.

Carl;

Still haven't resolved the issue with the gauges, but still working on it. Everyone I've talked to has said "ground" is the problem. It's put away now so it will be March before I get back to it.