Vac line routing

lastss

bob, i just went out to the garage and checked my 70 again.there is a tee about 3 inches behide the carb .one line goes to the plastic heater ball,line two goes to the metal trans.tube,and line three goes to the break booster.the vac.advance comes of the pass.side of the carb . dont know if is correct though. gene

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by gene:
bob, i just went out to the garage and checked my 70 again.there is a tee about 3 inches behide the carb .one line goes to the plastic heater ball,line two goes to the metal trans.tube,and line three goes to the break booster.the vac.advance comes of the pass.side of the carb . dont know if is correct though. gene </font>

Your 71 will have more lines than a 70 if it still has the emissions system. There will be lines from the canister on the frame to the engine. Don't have the routing myself, but finding a 71 SS to look at or buying a factory 71 manual would be best.

------------------

Steve

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by montefrazer:
Your 71 will have more lines than a 70 if it still has the emissions system. There will be lines from the canister on the frame to the engine. Don't have the routing myself, but finding a 71 SS to look at or buying a factory 71 manual would be best.

</font>
Thank's, I have factory manual but it's not clear at the carb, dist area. Im ok at the canister & air compressor. Thank's Bob

The 71 monte used a "combination emission control system" for high gear deceleration and vacuum advance delay until high gear in automatics and 3rd and 4th in manual trans. It used a solenoid mounted on the driver's front of the carb. This solenoid had 2 vacuum lines on the back and a plunger that set the throttle. A vacuum hose comes off the front of the carb next to the solenoid,and goes to the solenoid. Then from the solenoid to the distributor. Using this setup, the dist will not get vacuum in park, neutral, first, or second. This is done to lower emissions. If you have a ported vacuum connection on the carb, (one that only gets vacuum when you oper the throttle slightly: not likely if your carb is original), I would hook directly from that to the distributor. That will give you better light throttle response.

------------------

70 Monte, 454, auto. 70 Monte, 454+.030, 4speed.71 Monte, 350 beater. 71 Monte SS 454. 65 Corvette coupe 365hp.