Air ride system

If the rear sat low due to many passengers or a load in trunk, compressor on inner drivers side fenderwell would automatically kick on to level off the car. Once the extra weight was removed that pressure would then be released to bring car back to level again.

Simple concept but not many still work as designed. Thats why many SS's have had them removed. Once they did not work they were tossed. If yours does not work many members put a fuse in the vacuum line from carburetor to stop vacuum leak. Then run air shock lines to compressor and just use the valve at rear of compressor to fill air shocks manually. This way it still looks legit even if it does not work as designed. Original proportioning valve above differential will balance pressure between rear shocks.

Dan

I have 1-supposedly NOS compressor, 1-used compressor (hopefully can get one working out of two), new lines, NOS L.Levelling switch & NOS SuperLift shocks.

Hopefully, when the time comes I can get it to work, otherwise I will do as mentioned above so it at least looks legit.

Once they work they work. There is a guy who can rebuild them, I do not know his name. Contact Robert Lyman from FGMCC. He is in Wynantskill NY. His board bame is Last88SS. He knows the guy.

Dan

Thanks Mike

I have 1-supposedly NOS compressor, 1-used compressor (hopefully can get one working out of two), new lines, NOS L.Levelling switch & NOS SuperLift shocks.

Hopefully, when the time comes I can get it to work, otherwise I will do as mentioned above so it at least looks legit.

Once they work they work. There is a guy who can rebuild them, I do not know his name. Contact Robert Lyman from FGMCC. He is in Wynantskill NY. His board bame is Last88SS. He knows the guy.

Dan