Ultra Bell Installed waiting for converter

dbreese

Looks really good Dave. You are going to hate the BOP top mounting ears when you go to put the top bolts in! I had mine machined off when they did my trans.

Heck I didn't even catch that!!! CRUD

It will work out Dave, I just remembered bolting up a later TH350 with the dual pattern in a Monte. So when I was talking to Rossler and he said it was dual pattern I had him cut the BOP ears off.

Looks good Dave. That should handle your power. At what HP or torque range do they recommend going to an Ultra Bell?

I would guess that if you do any drag racing where you stress the drivetrain and the car is hooking I would think 500hp/500ft lbs. With that being said it is really a good safety feature should you have a converter/flexplate come apart. I think some of my problem is the hp level I wam at coupled with solid motor mounts (ruuber trans mount) led to its demise. I can't tell you how many pass I have made since 2005. A bunch!! It is really cheap insurance. Got it from Coan for $270.00 You can get them through Summit or Jegs also.

David

It will work out Dave, I just remembered bolting up a later TH350 with the dual pattern in a Monte. So when I was talking to Rossler and he said it was dual pattern I had him cut the BOP ears off.

Thanks Mike. smile

Looks awesome David. When my tranny guy istalled the Ultra Bell on my Turbo 400 I don't remember him saying anything about BOP ears. Maybe he just took care of it and did not bother mentioning it. Although I haven't ran the car yet between the bellhousing, 900HP Mid-West Converter(expensive little bugger), and my Carpenter Enterprises lower tranny shield brackets I don't think I'd have to worry to much about the number of passes I make, or how hard I beat the car. I've been told numerous times to replace the driveshaft with an Aluminum SFI one and run this beast as everthing else in the powertrain of my car is ultra strong.