Side chrome strip removal - hints

jja

I am trying to remove the long straight chrome srip that runs along each of the sides of the car, from the back of the front tire well to the rear of the back tire well. It is all chrome as opposed to the ones above it that are painted black in the middle. I have found only one sheet metal screw toward the back end of the piece but assume there are other clips underneath it that help attach it to the body. Anyone have a clue on how to remove it without tweaking the chrome or doing other damage?

I just removed mine about 6 weeks ago for a repaint. We used a forked tool that is used to remove interior trim. We carefully pulled the molding out slightly to find the clips and inserted the tool from the bottom and gave slight pull/push. The clips are metal and are pretty stiff. They did finally pop off but I was worried about damaging rocker so we put a paint paddle behind where the tool was on the rocker to protect the paint and spread the pressure out some. I bout new clips but when I got my new moldings from Leo he had brought some clips with him. The new clips are plastic and the number is AuVeCo #8400.