71 SS Rear Panel Finish

Could someone please let me know the the proper gloss for the rear panel on my 71 SS. My car is in the final stage of ground up restoration but I am not sure what finish the black paint gets on the rear panel? I was told by someone who does chevelle's It should be the semi gloss like the paint in the lower trim panels on the side of the car. BUT I WANT TO MAKE SURE Any advice would be a great help!!! Thanks, Darrell

Darrell,

First off I would like to welcome you to the First Generation Monte Carlo Club website. We have a great family here and I am sure one of our members with a 71 Monte will be able to assist you with your question. I am not positive but I think the finish is a simi-gloss but if you look in the technical section of the site at the panel it looks more of a gloss black. Here is the link: http://www.firstgenmc.com/tech/ss454.shtml I think someone with a 71 SS will answer within a day or two so be patient.

Once you have taken a test drive here on the website we hope you will consider becoming a club member and reaping all the benefits.

Rob