'72 Custom owners ... finned wheel covers

MarchieB

Ok i have a question for the '72 Custom owners (of which i am one)

Which of the two centre caps on these covers do you have?

If you could also include if you know if they are original to your car. Thanks

#1 Flat

P10000180.JPG

or #2 with raised rim

db_12.jpg

I have the flat #1's (pics are of mine) i believe they are original to the car as i am the 3rd owner and the 2nd owner had the car from 1975 - 2003. They were in his garage but couldn't remember where they had come from, and he had rally's on the car when i bought it.

mine had wheels that looked like cutlass wheels with the racing flags in the center. The paint in it matched the car and the date code matched them 2, I had seen another custom years ago like mine that was orange in color that had the same combo wheels that was on mine. It looked like cutlass wheels with the racing flags in the center. i still have one of the center caps from it but not the wheels. the caps bolted up from the backside. with a 5 spoke look i figure they wernt origonal but mann did they look like they belong from the factory

The flat center finned wheel covers are original for '72 Customs. I have a '72 Custom that my grandmother bought new in 1972. She actually ordered the Custom model because she loved the hubcaps, never mind the other additional items in the package.

The 15" finned wheel covers for Monte Carlo, Caprice and Impala in 1971 and 1972 used the flat centers. I have these on my '72 Custom. A couple years ago, I scored four NOS finned wheel covers for a '68 or '69 Riviera, which are the same wheel covers for the M/C, Caprice, Corvette, etc. with the exception of the center emblem assy. I also found 4 NOS flat cross-flag centers a couple years ago which I placed on the Riviera caps. Needless to say, I have 4 NOS finned wheel covers on the car, which do look terrific in my opinion.

I happen to have another set of four NOS flat cross-flag center emblems that I picked up a while back which I could be convinced to sell.