Monroe Shocks No More

gprimm

One of my winter projects is replacing original parts on my original owner 1981 Z28; brake hoses, underhood hoses, rear wheel cylinders, brake calipers, front springs, etc.

18 months ago I replaced the original shocks with Monroe Sensatrak. When I replaced the original front springs yesterday and took the shocks off, there was no rebound, or push from the shock on the rod once it was pushed in. This follows the problem I posted in November about these shocks when new.

Got the Gabriel Ultra G Force shocks. What a stinking difference. From on I am using Gabriel.

My Montes are next getting ready for the NMCOA Convention in Decatur. I will be using Gabriel on those 2.

I used to sell Monroe shocks at the shop I worked but was never a fan of the sensetrac, they just seemed to be the latest fad and they had to be installed on cars with the right ride height. They were more of a selling tool to sell springs than a great shock.