A/C wiring question

D.E

On my 71 it has factory air and there are 2 relays under dash pad above radio on a brace ,one relay has a orange wire with a pigtail on it where does that wire go.That is the only wire I can't remember where it goes.The other relay goes out the firewall and the one with the wire I'm looking for goes out to except that orange wire.Thanks for help that will finish up my dash wiring and I can put the pad back on.The wiring diagram I have only shows 1 relay but it is for a Chevelle that I bought from Ausley's and doesn't show 2 relays Thanks Again

The second relay (if I'm understanding you correctly) is for anti-dieseling. It engages the A/C compressor to help stop the engine. On my 1971 it has an orange wire. My dash pad is off right now, But I can't trace it right now, I looked, just to much stuff in the way. I'll be pulling it apart soon. I left my relay unplugged as I don't want my A/C compressor engaging every time a turn off my engine. Did you look in the tech section for a wiring diagram, I seem to remember one being there? Sorry I wasn't more help.

I haven't looked but do really thank you if you can see where it goes the Chevelle wiring diagram just gives 1 relay under dash

I took a picture of the relay I'm referring too, I'm not sure if this is what you were referring too. There are two relays for the A/C, one is this one behind the glove box and mounted on the frame. The other is mounted under the hood on the A/C condenser cover near the fire wall, it is for the high speed switch for the fan blower. Please note on the wiring the orange wire. Is this the wire to which you are referring?

WP_20140312_002_zps5162eef0.jpg

Yes but mine has 1 plug holder instead of the 3 wire one.But that is the relay on the right that I'm trying to figure out.My just leave it disconnected since I went with a TPI unit on mine.Thanks I see my PM flashing not good with computer no kids