Headliner help

ss4ever

Hey guys the bows in my headliner have been messed up for a while and the other night I tried messing with them a bit but I don't know as much about these kinds of headliners as I was hoping I did. I took off the A pillar trim and was able to slide off the side trim a bit and was able to see that at least on the passenger side the headliner bows are still in their place. There seems to be a piece of metal or something that the headliner is attached to that makes it nearly impossible to reach the ends of the bows. Does anyone have a step by step on how I can find out what is up with my bows hopefully without ruining the headliner?

Thanks

Randy

Randy, give this a shot. This will get you familiar with the process. Also a heat gun set on low.. can get most of you wrinkles to vanish.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys, it looks like on my car the third bow back is missing, it is the one that locks in to the clips and since mine is gone there is only the tension on the front bows to hold the headliner up. I guess I need to find some bows now.

• 3 weeks later...