George Lines and the Newsletter

David Mau

I just received the latest newsletter on Friday and want to say how appropriate I feel it is that George's car was/is "Monte of the Month", and that the member responses to his passing are included, as well. I also like the fact that the club's "Best Modified" award that is handed out at official meets (that are large enough to have awards) has been renamed the "George Lines Best Modified" award in George's memory because of the passion and craftsmanship he exhibited in building his modified Monte Carlo. It is very fitting, and is a great way for us to honor and remember George.

It also seems appropriate to me that the Western Meet write-up is in the same issue - since George had planned on attending it and debuting his car there. As I said in the write-up, the meet was a fun and wonderful experience... but how cool it would've been to have George and his just-finished modified Monte there with us, too! Thanks, Mark, for getting together with his daughter and taking those updated photographs of his car; it looks fantastic! And kudos to Pete, Marchie and Kevin (Monte) for a tastefully put together and reverant issue of the newsletter.

Well done,

Dave

I have to admit it put tears to my eyes to read all the nice things again. George was a great guy, and he had some good friends here. The award idea using his name is outstanding. That issue of the newsletter is a keeper for sure.